Friday, February 15, 2013

Review; Chanel Vitalumiere Moisture Rich Foundation


                                                                                Chanel Vitalumiere $55  
                                                                 Please excuse the foundation all over the pump 


Lately I've been trying a TON of new makeup/beauty products and to be honest I've loved all of them! The product I'm going to be reviewing today is the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation(I have the shade 35 Soft Bisque which is a shade or two too dark but oh well). I'll do a full review, a pros and cons list, and I'll also give an overall rating and tell you who I would recommend this foundation to. I surprisingly haven't heard very much hype about this product which i definitely think it deserves. Now, on to what the foundation claims to do vs. what it does. On the bottle it says that it is a moisture rich radiance sunscreen fluid makeup. As for living up to what it says I can definitely say that it makes my dry skin look perfectly radiant! It's without a doubt a dewy finish foundation (which is what I tend to go for) so if you have oily skin I would recommend that you STAY AWAY from this foundation. It is a light coverage but you can build it to be medium without looking cakey at all. The consistency is very runny and watery which I don't mind because I find that that is one of the factors that helps it not cling to the extremely dry patches on my skin. I apply this with my beauty blender and I think it's a perfect combination and if you want this but have acne or acne scarring or anything you want to cover using the beauty blender does provide more coverage. If you are extremely sensitive to scented foundations this might put you off because I have to admit it has a strong peachy/foundationy smell that most Chanel foundations do.


Pros; For my dry skin this is the perfect foundation and the first I've found(out of many, believe me) that doesn't cling to my dry patches and make my skin look flakey and cakey(who doesn't love a little rhyme once in a while). It also helps to moisturize my face throughout the entire day and feels like I'm not even wearing anything at all! The lasting power for this is very good for a dewy foundation. I'd say it lasts about 6-7 hours without me having to touch it up at all(I set this with either my Korres Wild Rose Powder or my Bare Minerals mineral veil). Even if you do have very dry skin like myself I would still tell you to set this because it can look oily sometimes when left on it's own and don't worry you dewy foundation-lovers the glow doesn't go anywhere! The coverage is also a pro for me because although I do like full coverage foundations this manages to be light it still completely evens out my skin and slightly covers blemishes and I can still see my skin underneath! It's an extremely blendable foundation and even though mine isn't exactly the right shade I can easily make it work.
Cons; The first and most important con for me is the price. At $55 this is a veryyy pricey foundation which can be expected from anything Chanel. The packaging is a con for me also. Although it looks beautiful and luxurious which is good the cap doesn't stay on(thank god it has a pump) which makes it basically impossible to travel with. Also, it's a relatively large glass bottle which I find to be really inconvenient. As seen above when you try to pump out the product it's such a runny consistency that if you try to pump it most of it goes running down the bottle which is super annoying. 

Overall this is my favorite foundation that I've EVER tried and if you have dry skin this might just be your new holy grail foundation like me! And again if you have oily skin this product will definitely not last on you and I would not recommend getting it but instead if you were looking for a Chanel foundation that's more suitable for oily skins I would say Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for light to medium coverage. Perfection Lumiere for medium to high coverage and for those of you who like very matte finishes and have really oily skin I'd recommend Mat Lumiere.

As a rating out of 10 i would give this a 9.5/10 just because of the packaging issues! 

I hope that you enjoy this blog post and thank you for reading sorry about how lengthy it is! I really need to work on shutting up but I hope I answered any questions you might have. :) See you next time! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment